Friday, November 19, 2010

Love you, Miss you, Wish you were here!


Okay, seriously I feel like I’ve been climbing a mountain for two days and I’ve only made it two feet up the side! And it’s not even that I’m having a craving, my friend Chantix is really doing his job, I’m just missing smoking. Already? Wasn’t I ready to do this? Will I ever not miss them? These are the questions I’m asking myself while driving past the Parker exit on Central Expressway this morning (this would be a trigger, by the way). My hand just automatically reached for my purse, hmmm…
I would be lighting a cigarette right now… if I smoked! So I pondered all the things that I thought I would miss forever but slowly became a non-factor in my life. My high school sweetheart, my favorite neighborhood bar that closed down, my hometown, my childhood pet Mrs. Tiggy Winkle (she was a hamster that bit, I never really liked her but I’m running out of things that I’ve stopped missing!) I imagine if I just stay the course, cigarettes too will become a thing of the past.
We’ve got the weekend coming up so keep yourselves busy and try hanging out at non-smoking establishments. Oh wait; they’ve all become non-smoking establishments. See, now we don’t have to be annoyed that we have to go outside to smoke! Have a great smoke free weekend!
Talk to you soon!
Lyndie

1 comment: