
Hello quitters and supporters! My name is Lyndie Fallen and I have volunteered to blog about my quest to quit smoking. I figure the added pressure would be just what I need to be successful! Join me in my journey, I am sure there will be laughs and tears as the smoke free weeks unfold.
I decided to quit smoking because my kids want me to. But there is a second reason, MONEY. When I started smoking a pack of cigarettes cost 98 cents. Now you can’t buy a thought for 98 cents! But to say I want to quit smoking because I don’t enjoy it anymore would be a lie. What people who don’t smoke don’t understand is that even though they win the debate every time on health and social acceptance… we like smoking. Cigarettes have been there when nobody else has been. Cigarettes give me a great excuse to stop working intently and give myself a break. When I am stressed I am able to step out and take deep breaths (of disgusting smoke, but hey, it’s still enough time to clear my head.) Finally, cigarettes are a clear link to my youth. Isn’t it funny how I started smoking to become what I thought was an adult… I keep smoking, among other reasons, to hang on to my youth?
So the challenge really isn’t about giving up the cigarette itself, but giving up all that I associate with smoking. As I write this first post, I am on my fourth day of Chantix, a smoking cessation drug. There is a much higher success rate with the use of this doctor prescribed drug. There are risks, as with all medication, so please make sure you do your homework and talk to your doctor before taking Chantix. I hear that you can have some wild dreams, I am yet to experience this but you will be the first to know if I do! My official quit date is November, 18, 2010! To all of you who are on this “kick butt” journey with me, good luck… especially you turkeys!
Talk to you soon!
Lyndie
No comments:
Post a Comment